Due to his personal experience during the River of Life: Connecticut River Pilgrimage in the summer of 2017, the Right Rev. Knisely, has decided to bring two river pilgrimages to Rhode Island in 2018. The first of two 3-day pilgrimages will be held on the Wood River in mid-May 2018. See below for more details.
Wood River Pilgrimage
Thursday, May 17 – Sunday, May 20
Wood River details
- The application deadline for the Wood River Pilgrimage is Friday, April 6, with notification of acceptance as a paddling pilgrim made the week of April 16-20.
- Inclusive cost of the 3-day pilgrimage is $300 per person, payable upon acceptance as a paddling pilgrim.
- Pilgrimage timeline:
- Thursday by 6 pm ~ arrival for dinner and orientation in St. Elizabeth’s Church in Hope Valley, RI / Overnight at St. Elizabeth’s
- Friday ~ 10 mile paddle from Hope Valley to Burlingame WMA campsite / Overnight at campsite
- Saturday ~ 15 mile paddle from Burlingame WMA campsite to Christ Church in Westerly, RI / Overnight at Christ Church
- Sunday ~ 5 mile paddle from Westerly to Napatree Point in Watch Hill, RI
- Canoes & kayaks, paddles, and PFDs will be provided; however, if you have your own PFD you’re more comfortable wearing, please bring it.
- Paddling pilgrims are responsible for their own transportation to the starting location and from the ending location.
- A more detailed equipment list will be provided for those accepted as paddling pilgrims.
- For a sample River of Life Pilgrimage daily schedule, click here.
- The Wood River Pilgrimage will be guided by Mark & Lisa Kutolowski of Metanoia of Vermont. Mark & Lisa were the spiritual and river guides for the 2017 Connecticut River Pilgrimage, on which these 3-day pilgrimages are based.