Below are general details for our 9.5-mile paddle from East Haddam to Essex – feel free to join us for the day!
We ask that you come with your own canoe/kayak and paddle(s), PFD, lunch/snacks & water, plus any other items you feel necessary for a day on the water.
- Meeting time = 10 am (due to wanting to start at high tide)
- Put-in location = East Haddam Town Landing/Goodspeed Landing
- Pull-out location = Essex Town Dock
- Mileage = 9.5 miles in 1 day
- Difficulty = flat water with tidal effects
- Portages = 0
- Participation limit = unlimited
** Note: there are 8 additional access points between East Haddam Town Landing/Goodspeed Landing and Essex Town Dock if you don’t want to paddle the full 9.5 miles with the pilgrims. Join us for what works for your ability and schedule!
If you are interested in joining us, we’d like you to register so that we have an idea of how many will be with us – and so we can send you updated information if necessary. Please click here to register.