We had so much interest in our 2017 River of Life Pilgrimage paddling the length of the Connecticut River that we’d like to offer a shorter, follow-on Connecticut River Pilgrimage that will be held along a portion of the river bordering New Hampshire and Vermont, and entering Massachusetts. Look below for more details and a link to the application!
Thursday, July 12 – Sunday, July 15
- The application deadline for the Connecticut River 2018 Pilgrimage is Friday, June 29, with rolling notification of acceptance.
- A maximum of 10 paddling pilgrims will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Inclusive cost of the 3-day pilgrimage is $350 per person, payable upon acceptance as a paddling pilgrim. This fee covers professional 24-hour per day outdoor & spiritual guide service, all food + potable water, campground fees, communal gear, basic medical kit, River of Life Prayer Booklet, and River of Life pilgrimage hat.
- Pilgrimage timeline:
- Thursday by 2 pm ~ arrival for orientation at North Walpole River Access (just south of Bellows Falls, VT); paddle for 6 miles and overnight at Windyhurst Campsite
- Friday ~ 17-mile paddle from Windyhurst Campsite to Wantastiquet Campsite; overnight at campsite
- Saturday ~ 20-mile paddle from Wantastiquet Campsite to Munn’s Ferry Campsite; overnight at campsite
- Sunday ~ 10-mile paddle from Munn’s Ferry Campsite to the Barton Cove boat ramp just outside of Turners Falls, MA; departure from Barton Cove boat ramp
- Paddling pilgrims are responsible for providing their own canoe or kayak, paddles, and PFDs — although we will work with pilgrims to have 2 people per canoe.
- Paddling pilgrims are responsible for their own transportation to the starting location and from the ending location.
- A more detailed equipment list will be provided for those accepted as paddling pilgrims.
- For a sample River of Life Pilgrimage daily schedule, click here.
- The Connecticut River 2018 Pilgrimage will be guided by Mark & Lisa Kutolowski of Metanoia of Vermont. Mark & Lisa were the spiritual and river guides for the 2017 Connecticut River Pilgrimage, on which these 3-day pilgrimages are based.
Click here to apply for the Connecticut River 2018 Pilgrimage!
** Applications considered on a first-come, first-served basis ~ deadline to apply is Friday, June 29 **