We welcome visitors!
Whether to attend a Sunday service, take a long walk in the woods, cross-country ski, meditate, or simply come to a beautiful place to enjoy the natural world – all are welcome!
We LOVE to welcome groups from other churches at one of our regular services or at a time that is convenient for your group. Reach out to Rev. Steve Blackmer at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to visit!
Friendly tips for visiting Church of the Woods:
- Come prepared to walk and be in the woods – long pants, close-toed shoes, layers if it’s cool/wet.
- We have a barn with a wood-fire stove that we use during inclement weather; however, we almost always go outside for a portion of the service.
- The woods that is the “church” is always open for self-guided services, a walk in the woods, or a quiet sit on a fallen tree. In winter, bring your snowshoes or XC skis to explore the area!
- All faiths, beliefs, and backgrounds are welcome at Church of the Woods.
- The two Sunday services are based in the Christian tradition; the Holy Eucharist is usually offered at the 9 am service.
- Kids of all ages (and kids at heart!) are encouraged to attend.
Directions to Church of the Woods:
From the North, West, and South:
Take exit 18 off I-93 and follow signs to Canterbury Center (about 2.3 miles) and Shaker Village. From the center of town, continue east on Baptist Road toward Shaker Village. After about 2.3 miles, you’ll see a white farmhouse on a little knoll on the right, just after a farm pond – be sure to slow down for the sharp bend! Foster Road is immediately after this on the left.
From the East:
Follow NH-106 to the Beanstalk store & gas station, about 6.5 miles north of the intersection of I-393 and Rt. 106. Turn left onto Shaker Road. After 1.8 miles, turn left on Baptist Road. After about 1.4 miles and just after a steep uphill, Foster Road is on the right.
Church of the Woods is located at 92 Foster Rd in Canterbury, NH.